47th Annual Chief's Leadership Conference
- Mark Carey - Texas' probation progress towards risk reduction
- Brandon Matthew- Implementation Science
- PEW Center - national perspective on their report regarding a framework for recommendations to improve probation outcomes
- The New Generations: How to Recruit, Retain and Motivate
- CJAD &
- TJJD Updates
Who Should Attend:
- Community Corrections
- This conference is designated for Community Corrections Chiefs/Directors across the State of Texas, their executive level team, and/or whom they deem appropriate for leadership exposure.
Training Hours: 16
Oct 13 - 16, 2019
Hotel Information: *
The San Luis
5222 Seawall Boulevard
Galveston, TX 77550
5400 Seawall Blvd
Galveston, Texas 77551
The meetings will be held at the Galveston Island Convention Center.
Receptions will be held at the San Luis Resort.
ROOM RATE: $103 plus taxes for single and $150 plus taxes for double.
For more information, contact:
Amanda Wood, Division Director
Correctional Management Institute of Texas
George J. Beto Criminal Justice Building
Sam Houston State University
Huntsville, TX 77341-2296
Fax: (936) 294-1671
Phone: (936) 294-1227
If paid, full refunds will be given to those who cancel in writing more than ten (10) working days prior to the training. A refund of 70% of the fees paid will be authorized when a written request for cancellation and refund of conference or program fees is submitted less than ten (10) working days prior to the scheduled start of the program. If unpaid, those who cancel in writing more than ten (10) working days prior to the training will have all fees waived. When a written request for cancellation is submitted less than ten (10) working days prior to the scheduled start of the program, the participant will be responsible for 30% of the conference rate at the time they registered. The Correctional Management Institute of Texas reserves the right to retain or collect fees in full for those who fail to cancel in writing prior to the training or for those who fail to attend. Substitutions are permitted at anytime.
* Unless otherwise noted, hotel arrangements are the responsibility of the participant.