Effective Case Management
- Principles of Case Management: Explore the guiding principles of case management and gain understanding into the purpose of case management
- Stakeholders: Identify the stakeholders of an effective case management system
- Resource Planning: Look at the resources that are available to you and learn how to develop new resources
- P.A.T.C.H. Kids (People Allowed to Create Havoc): A humorous look at the characters involved within a case management system
Who Should Attend:
- Community Corrections
- Support Staff
Training Hours: 16
Nov 17 (08:00 am) - 18, 2009 (05:00 pm)
Billy Hall Administration Building
1110 Washington Street, 1st Floor
Laredo, TX 78040
Hotel Information: *
Courtyard by Marriott - Laredo
2410 Santa Ursula Avenue
Laredo, TX 78040
Cut Off Date for Discount Rate of $69.00 is November 1, 2009
Nick Briggs has a degree in criminal justice from Sam Houston State University. He has worked in the CJ field for 25 years. His experiences range from working as a parole officer, executive management, to consulting work in the field. In 2003 and 2004, Nick worked as a consultant for the U.S. Department of Labor and the U.S. Department of Justice designing re-entry programs for offenders that had been incarcerated for long periods of time in secure institutions. Nick is currently the Director of Houston-area programs for Southwest Key Programs Inc. and operates Briggs Consulting Services.
If paid, full refunds will be given to those who cancel in writing more than ten (10) working days prior to the training. A refund of 70% of the fees paid will be authorized when a written request for cancellation and refund of conference or program fees is submitted less than ten (10) working days prior to the scheduled start of the program. If unpaid, those who cancel in writing more than ten (10) working days prior to the training will have all fees waived. When a written request for cancellation is submitted less than ten (10) working days prior to the scheduled start of the program, the participant will be responsible for 30% of the conference rate at the time they registered. The Correctional Management Institute of Texas reserves the right to retain or collect fees in full for those who fail to cancel in writing prior to the training or for those who fail to attend. Substitutions are permitted at anytime.
* Unless otherwise noted, hotel arrangements are the responsibility of the participant.