Training for Trainers- Juvenile Probation Officer Mandatory Topics- CANCELLED
- Curriculum 101
- Role of the Juvenile Probation Officer
- Texas Family Code and Related Laws
- Understanding Professional Liability
- Preventing, Identifying, and Reporting Abuse, Neglect, and Exploitation
- Adolescent Development and Behavior
- Officer Safety and Mechanical Restraints
- TJJD Code of Ethics and Disciplinary Procedures
- Customized Case Design
- Recognizing and Supervising Juveniles with Mental Health Issues
- Purpose and Goals of the Prison Rape Elimination Act
- Suicide Prevention and Intervention
- Dispositional Recommendations and Courtroom Proceedings (Mock Trial)
Who Should Attend:
- Training personnel
- Employees employed or regulated by TJJD.
Training Hours: 32.25
Dec 10 - 14, 2018
Location Information:George J. Beto Criminal Justice Center
(Del Carmen Room)
Sam Houston State University
Huntsville, TX 77341-2296
Hotel Information: *
1610 Bobby K. Marks Dr.
Huntsville, TX 77341
Reservations are the responsibility of the participant. When making reservations, please mention that you are part the Training for Trainers program.
THIS TRAINING HAS BEEN CANCELLED
This Mandatory Topic Training for Trainers will provide the participant a review of the content of the current materials required to deliver the training necessary to prepare an individual for the Juvenile Probation Officer certification exam. This will include a demonstration of each topic on the agenda as well as an introduction on how to utilize the content elements to include the lesson plan, handouts, PowerPoints and participant guide. Mandatory Topics already covered in previous Training for Trainers are not included in this agenda.
This training is not intended for new hires to get the mandatory topics for certification.
If paid, full refunds will be given to those who cancel in writing more than ten (10) working days prior to the training. A refund of 70% of the fees paid will be authorized when a written request for cancellation and refund of conference or program fees is submitted less than ten (10) working days prior to the scheduled start of the program. If unpaid, those who cancel in writing more than ten (10) working days prior to the training will have all fees waived. When a written request for cancellation is submitted less than ten (10) working days prior to the scheduled start of the program, the participant will be responsible for 30% of the conference rate at the time they registered. The Correctional Management Institute of Texas reserves the right to retain or collect fees in full for those who fail to cancel in writing prior to the training or for those who fail to attend. Substitutions are permitted at anytime.
* Unless otherwise noted, hotel arrangements are the responsibility of the participant.