Juvenile Probation Officer Basic Training - CANCELLED
- Role of the Probation Officer
- Historical Perspective
- Texas Family Code and related Laws
- Legal Liabilities
- Code of Ethics
- Disciplinary and Revocation Hearing Procedures
- Recognizing and Supervising Youth with Mental Health Issues
- Suicide Prevention and Intervention
- Identifying and Reporting ANE/PREA
- Risk and Needs Assessment
- Interagency Collaboration and Accessing Local Programs and Services
- Case Planning Preliminary Investigation and Recommendation
- Case Planning and Management: Case Plans
- Officer Safety, Mechanical Restraints and Transportation
- Courtroom Proceedings and Presenation
Who Should Attend:
- Community Corrections
- New Hired Juvenile Probation Officers
Training Hours: 40
Apr 10 (05:00 pm) - 15, 2016 (01:00 pm)
Mar 27, 2016
Location Information:George J. Beto Criminal Justice Building
Sam Houston State University
816 17th Street
Hotel Information: *
1610 Bobby K. Marks Dr.
Ask for Juvenile Probation room block
This course is designed to cover the mandatory topics required for certification as a new Juvenile Probation Officer's.
If paid, full refunds will be given to those who cancel in writing more than ten (10) working days prior to the training. A refund of 70% of the fees paid will be authorized when a written request for cancellation and refund of conference or program fees is submitted less than ten (10) working days prior to the scheduled start of the program. If unpaid, those who cancel in writing more than ten (10) working days prior to the training will have all fees waived. When a written request for cancellation is submitted less than ten (10) working days prior to the scheduled start of the program, the participant will be responsible for 30% of the conference rate at the time they registered. The Correctional Management Institute of Texas reserves the right to retain or collect fees in full for those who fail to cancel in writing prior to the training or for those who fail to attend. Substitutions are permitted at anytime.
* Unless otherwise noted, hotel arrangements are the responsibility of the participant.