Motivational Interviewing Training Academy
- 18 hours (2 ½
- days) of MI training (MI-1 Basic Concepts)
- Upon completion of training, participants are assigned a coder/coach for remote skill development
- 12 hours (2 days) of Advanced MI training,Live skill practice and coaching feedback emphasized, participants begin work on agency implementation objectives
- Phase III of the Motivational Interviewing Training Academy includes live skill demonstration of training material and agency implementation planning discussion. Training materials, exercises, handouts and all the necessary materials new trainers will need to train their agencies will be provided from the MINT trainers delivering the training.
Who Should Attend:
- Community Corrections
Training Hours: 54
Jan 18 (08:00 am) - 20, 2012 (05:00 pm)
Nov 30, 2011
George J. Beto Criminal Justice Center
Sam Houston State University
Huntsville, Texas 77341-2296
Phone: (936) 294-3916
Hotel Information: *
1610 Bobby K. Marks Dr.
Huntsville, Texas 77341
A. A full refund of fees paid will be authorized when a written request for refund of conference or program fees is submitted at least 10 working days prior to the scheduled start of the program.
B. A refund of 70% of the fees paid will be authorized when a written request for refund of conference or program fees is submitted less than 10 working days prior to the scheduled start of the program. If unpaid, those who cancel in writing more than ten (10) working days prior to the training will have all fees waived. When a written request for cancelation is submitted less than ten (10) working days prior to the scheduled start of the program, the participant will be responsible for 30% of the conference rate at the time they registered. The Texas Corrections Association reserves the right to retain or collect fees in full for those who fail to cancel in writing prior to the training or for those who fail to attend.
C. No refund will be given for participants that do not attend the program and no advance notice of cancellation is received.
D. Substitutions may be made prior to the first day of the program for persons that are unable to attend. Advance notice is requested.
E. The Executive Director may make exceptions to the refund policy in the event of an emergency that prevents the participant from attending as scheduled.
* Unless otherwise noted, hotel arrangements are the responsibility of the participant.