Juvenile Supervision Officer Basic
- Introduction to Juvenile Supervision
- Legal Liabilities
- Juvenile Rights
- Code of Ethics, Revocation and Discipline
- Abuse, Neglect and Exploitation
- HIV/AIDS and Communicable Diseases
- Dynamics of Youth with Mental Illness
- Suicide Prevention and Identification
- Texas Family Code and Related Laws
- Prison Rape Elimination Act
- Adolescent Physical Development and Exercise Related Health Risks
Who Should Attend:
- Community Corrections
- The new juvenile supervision officer (1 day to 1 year)
- Training officers interested in the new standard curriculum are encouraged to attend
Training Hours: 21.5
Dec 07 (02:30 pm) - 10, 2010 (12:45 pm)
George J. Beto Criminal Justice Center (Bates Room)
Sam Houston State University
816 17th Street
Huntsville, TX 77340
Hotel Information: *
1610 Bobby K. Marks Dr.
Huntsville, TX 77341
http://www.shsuhotel.org/ click on "Check Rates and Availability". Then click on arrow next to "special rate" and enter group code: 1207JUVSUP. Group cutoff date is 11/23/10.
Juvenile Supervision Officer Basic is a workshop for the new supervision officer (1 day to 1 year). Participants will experience simulations, role plays, and group practices. They will also receive information covering the duties of supervision officers without regard to specialization. The training covers the mandatory topics required by the Texas Juvenile Probation Commission.
If paid, full refunds will be given to those who cancel in writing more than ten (10) working days prior to the training. A refund of 70% of the fees paid will be authorized when a written request for cancellation and refund of conference or program fees is submitted less than ten (10) working days prior to the scheduled start of the program. If unpaid, those who cancel in writing more than ten (10) working days prior to the training will have all fees waived. When a written request for cancellation is submitted less than ten (10) working days prior to the scheduled start of the program, the participant will be responsible for 30% of the conference rate at the time they registered. The Correctional Management Institute of Texas reserves the right to retain or collect fees in full for those who fail to cancel in writing prior to the training or for those who fail to attend. Substitutions are permitted at anytime.
* Unless otherwise noted, hotel arrangements are the responsibility of the participant.