Juvenile Probation Officer Basic
- Role of Probation Officer
- Law Enforcement Processing
- Juvenile Probation Historical Perspective
- Preliminary Investigation and Recommendation
- Code of Ethics, Disciplinary and Revocation Proceedings
- Introduction to Juvenile Law
- Legal Liabilities
- Abuse, Exploitation and Neglect
- Officer Safety and Mechanical Restraints / Transportation
- Cultural Diversity
- Interagency Collaboration/MOU and Accessing Local Programs and Services
- Case Planning and Management
- MAYSI – 2
- Recognizing and Supervising Youth with Mental Health Issues
- Adolescent Suicide Prevention
- Placement Procedures
- Courtroom Proceedings and Presentation
Who Should Attend:
- Community Corrections
- The new juvenile probation officer (1 day to 1 year)
Training Hours: 40
Nov 29 - Dec 04, 2009
George J. Beto Criminal Justice Center (Texas Room)
Sam Houston State University
816 17th Street
Huntsville, TX 77340
Hotel Information: *
1610 Bobby K. Marks Dr.
Juvenile Probation Officer Basic is a forty (40) hour workshop for the new probation officer (1 day to 1 year). Participants will experience simulations, role plays, and group practices. They will also receive information covering the duties of probation officers without regard to specialization. The training includes topics required by the Texas Juvenile Probation Commission.
If paid, full refunds will be given to those who cancel in writing more than ten (10) working days prior to the training. A refund of 70% of the fees paid will be authorized when a written request for cancellation and refund of conference or program fees is submitted less than ten (10) working days prior to the scheduled start of the program. If unpaid, those who cancel in writing more than ten (10) working days prior to the training will have all fees waived. When a written request for cancellation is submitted less than ten (10) working days prior to the scheduled start of the program, the participant will be responsible for 30% of the conference rate at the time they registered. The Correctional Management Institute of Texas reserves the right to retain or collect fees in full for those who fail to cancel in writing prior to the training or for those who fail to attend. Substitutions are permitted at anytime.
* Unless otherwise noted, hotel arrangements are the responsibility of the participant.