User-Friendly Spanish for Probation Officers
- Conduct basic introduction and identification conversations via telephone or in person
- Leave a message for the client to contact you and convey the importance of that with the message taker via telephone or in person
- Establish the residence, work or school, and leisure locations of the client via telephone or in person
- Obtain basic information found on frequently used reporting forms from a client via telephone or in person
- Recognize words and phrases that may indicate the threat of personal danger
- Apply basic concepts of Latino culture to interactions with Spanish-speakers.
Who Should Attend:
- Community Corrections
- Adult &
- Juvenile Probation Officers
Training Hours: 16
Jun 23 (01:00 pm) - 25, 2009 (12:00 pm)
McLennan County Juvenile Probation
2601 Gholson Road
Waco, TX 76704
Hotel Information: *
Comfort Inn & Suites, Waco
1508 I-35 North
Waco, TX 76705
Melissa Knight is currently employed by the East Texas Police Academy. Prior to joining the instructional staff at the academy in 2002, Knight taught in the Texas public school system for nine years. Knight currently holds a Texas Peace Officer license, and is commissioned through the Kilgore Police Department.
If paid, full refunds will be given to those who cancel in writing more than ten (10) working days prior to the training. A refund of 70% of the fees paid will be authorized when a written request for cancellation and refund of conference or program fees is submitted less than ten (10) working days prior to the scheduled start of the program. If unpaid, those who cancel in writing more than ten (10) working days prior to the training will have all fees waived. When a written request for cancellation is submitted less than ten (10) working days prior to the scheduled start of the program, the participant will be responsible for 30% of the conference rate at the time they registered. The Correctional Management Institute of Texas reserves the right to retain or collect fees in full for those who fail to cancel in writing prior to the training or for those who fail to attend. Substitutions are permitted at anytime.
* Unless otherwise noted, hotel arrangements are the responsibility of the participant.