NCTI's Facilitator Certification For Delivering Cognitive Behavior Change Curricula
Who Should Attend:
- Community Corrections
- Law Enforcement
- Counselors, Group Leaders
Training Hours: 35
Jul 28 (08:30 am) - Aug 01, 2008 (05:00 pm)
George J. Beto Criminal Justice Cntr. Bates Rm
Sam Houston State University
Huntsville, TX 77340
Hotel Information: *
1610 Bobby Marks Drive
Huntsville, TX 77341
Phone: 1-866-SHSU INN
Overflow Hotel Information:
The American Probation and Parole Association(APPA) in partnership with the National Curriculum Training Institute (NCTI) and hosted by the Correctional Management Institute of Texas (CMIT) present Facilitator Certification Training to deliver cognitive behavior change curricula.
This fast-paced, interactive course provides practitioners with all the skills necessary to successfully facilitate the cognitive behavior change curricula. This workshop addresses the importance of individual learning styles, how to use activities, games and dyads to enhance the learning process.
Participants will learn how to:
• Facilitate a cognitive behavior training program that imparts critical cognitive thinking skills, life skills, job-related skills, and interpersonal skills.
• Use Personal Awareness Journaling as a tool for advancing cognitive skills.
• Ask open-ended questions that elicit information to instill an intrinsic commitment to change.
• Use group process techniques to involve even the most disinterested individuals.
• Help individuals to clarify their values system.
• Implement Cognitive Based Life Skills and Offense-Specific Curricula for juvenile or adult offenders.
• Present material to reach participants with different learning styles.
• Teach understanding and appreciation of one’s own personality style and the style of others by using the NCTI Real Colors® Personality Instrument.
• Practice facilitation skills using the cognitive behavior curricula.
This training is accredited by the American Probation & Parole Association (APPA),and is approved for 35 contact hours including CJAD and TJPC approved credit hours.
NCTI also offers discounts for multiple registrations from the same agency, as shown below:
Please register online at www.ncti.org,
or in one of these four easy ways!
PHONE: 800-622-1644, ext. 5555
319 East McDowell Rd., Suite 200
Phoenix, AZ 85004-1534
Registration form is available on the course brochure. (click-on training flyer link on top of page)
Your travel, lodging and meals are not included in the registration fee.
Please no walk-ups
Course is subject to the NCTI Cancellation Policy:
If you are unable to attend after registering, you may send a substitute with no penalty. Cancellations received less than 14 days before the scheduled event are subject to a fee equal to 25% of the total amount paid.
If paid, full refunds will be given to those who cancel in writing more than ten (10) working days prior to the training. A refund of 70% of the fees paid will be authorized when a written request for cancellation and refund of conference or program fees is submitted less than ten (10) working days prior to the scheduled start of the program. If unpaid, those who cancel in writing more than ten (10) working days prior to the training will have all fees waived. When a written request for cancellation is submitted less than ten (10) working days prior to the scheduled start of the program, the participant will be responsible for 30% of the conference rate at the time they registered. The Correctional Management Institute of Texas reserves the right to retain or collect fees in full for those who fail to cancel in writing prior to the training or for those who fail to attend. Substitutions are permitted at anytime.
* Unless otherwise noted, hotel arrangements are the responsibility of the participant.