Lessons in Leadership UPDATED WITH NEW DATE
- Lessons in Leadership:
- Understanding on the impact of their leadership within an organization.
- Discuss the knowledge of job factors that motivate their employees.
- Translate leadership competencies into behaviors.
- Explore four pillars that impact employee performance: Significance, Relationships, Aspirations and Courage.
- Understand Servant Leadership behaviors.
- Explore leadership impact on mitigating critical incidents.
- Discuss leaderships top 10 behaviors.
- Discuss effective decision making as a leader, decisions, judgements, discretion.
Who Should Attend:
- Support Staff
- Any employee working in a county or municipal jail
Training Hours: 8
Mar 25, 2021 (08:00 am) - (05:00 pm)
Mar 23, 2021
Location Information:RESCHEDULED-SEE BELOW
Wise County Fair Grounds
3101 FM 51
Decatur, TX 76234
THIS TRAINING HAS BEEN RESCHEDULED FROM ITS ORIGINAL DATE This 8 hour course is hosted by Wise County Sheriff's Office and provided by Doug Dretke, Executive Director of the Correctional Management Institute of Texas at Sam Houston State University. Dretke serves as an Adjunct Faculty member teaching Correctional Systems and Practices within the College of Criminal Justice at SHSU. There is no cost for this training. Registration is limited and will be closed when capacity is reached. For more information contact Wise County Sgt. Alisa Scheps, (940) 627-5971
For more information, contact:
Aimee Crockett, Project Coordinator
Correctional Management Institute of Texas
George J. Beto Criminal Justice Building
Sam Houston State University
Huntsville, TX 77341-2296
Fax: (936) 294-1671
Phone: (936) 294-3073
If paid, full refunds will be given to those who cancel in writing more than ten (10) working days prior to the training. A refund of 70% of the fees paid will be authorized when a written request for cancellation and refund of conference or program fees is submitted less than ten (10) working days prior to the scheduled start of the program. If unpaid, those who cancel in writing more than ten (10) working days prior to the training will have all fees waived. When a written request for cancellation is submitted less than ten (10) working days prior to the scheduled start of the program, the participant will be responsible for 30% of the conference rate at the time they registered. The Correctional Management Institute of Texas reserves the right to retain or collect fees in full for those who fail to cancel in writing prior to the training or for those who fail to attend. Substitutions are permitted at anytime.
* Unless otherwise noted, hotel arrangements are the responsibility of the participant.