EVENT FULL Juvenile Probation Officer Basic Training
- Role of the Probation Officer
- Texas Family Code and Related Laws
- Understanding Professional Liability
- TJJD Code of Ethics and Disciplinary Procedures
- Suicide Prevention and Intervention
- Trauma Informed Care
- Preventing, Identifying, and Reporting Abuse, Neglect, and Exploitation
- Officer Safety and Mechanical Restraints
- Adolescent Development and Behavior
- Cultural Competency: Cultural Equity
- Cultural Competency: Gender and Sexuality
- Customized Case Design
- Recognizing and Supervising Youth with Mental Health Issues
- Purpose and Goals of the Prison Rape Elimination Act
- Dispositional Recommendations and Courtroom Proceedings
Who Should Attend:Limited to Texas Criminal Justice Professionals
- Community Corrections
- Newly hired Juvenile Probation Officers
Training Hours: 41.50
Jul 26 (04:00 pm) - 31, 2020 (02:00 pm)
Location Information:Nueces County Juvenile Probation Department
2310 Gollihar Road
Corpus Christi, TX. 78415
Hotel Information: *
Omni Corpus Christi Hotel
900 North Shoreline Blvd
Corpus Christi, TX.78401
The hotel information above is a recommended hotel, the training will not be held there. Reservations are the responsibility of the participant.
While plans continue to host this training, CMIT continues to monitor the COVID-19 outbreak. We will not risk the well-being of any participants if the situation indicates the need to cancel or postpone. We will keep you updated.
This course is designed to cover the mandatory topics required for certification as a new Juvenile Probation Officer.
For more information, contact:
Elizabeth Klawinsky, Project Coordinator
Correctional Management Institute of Texas
George J. Beto Criminal Justice Building
Sam Houston State University
Huntsville, TX 77341-2296
Fax: (936) 294-1671
Phone: (936) 294-1639
If paid, full refunds will be given to those who cancel in writing more than ten (10) working days prior to the training. A refund of 70% of the fees paid will be authorized when a written request for cancellation and refund of conference or program fees is submitted less than ten (10) working days prior to the scheduled start of the program. If unpaid, those who cancel in writing more than ten (10) working days prior to the training will have all fees waived. When a written request for cancellation is submitted less than ten (10) working days prior to the scheduled start of the program, the participant will be responsible for 30% of the conference rate at the time they registered. The Correctional Management Institute of Texas reserves the right to retain or collect fees in full for those who fail to cancel in writing prior to the training or for those who fail to attend. Substitutions are permitted at anytime.
* Unless otherwise noted, hotel arrangements are the responsibility of the participant.