Texas Jail Association - 2019 Jail Management Issues Conference
- Lessons in Leadership: Maximizing Performance
- Drug Trends
- Courtroom Testimony
- Correctional Education: Partnering for Success
- Veteran Pods - Benefits to Jails, Veterans and Community
- Suicide Risks and Prevention
- Survival Skills for Dealing with the Media
- Effective Communication with Deaf Inmates
- Protecting Yourself from Identity Theft
- Suffer From BURNOUT? Give'em the F.I.N.G.E.R.!
- Harris County's Jail Diversion Program
- Think Like a Leader
- Trauma Informed Administration
- Hot Topics
- Grant Writing 101: A Guide to Law Enforcement and Detention Grants
- Analytical Interactions: Communicating in Today's Society
- No Soup for You! Dealing with Difficult People
- Legal Liabilities
- PTSD, Depression, and Suicides in Law Enforcement
- Gang Culture
Who Should Attend:
- Community Corrections
- Support Staff
- Jail Administrators
- Chief Deputies
- Line Staff
- Municipal Jailers
- Law Enforcement
Sep 09 (08:00 am) - 12, 2019 (12:00 pm)
Aug 23, 2019
TJA Fee Policy:
Member - $270
Non-member - $300
Late Member - $324
Late Non-Member - $360
The Galveston Island Convention Center
Galveston, TX 77550
Hotel Information: *
The San Luis Resort, Spa & Conference Center
5222 Seawall Boulevard
Galveston, TX 77550
Overflow Hotel Information:
Hilton Galveston Island
5400 Seawall Blvd
Galveston, TX 77551
Professional dress is expected.
For more information, contact:
Sharese Hurst, Division Director
Correctional Management Institute of Texas
George J. Beto Criminal Justice Building
Sam Houston State University
Huntsville, TX 77341-2296
Fax: (936) 294-1671
Phone: (936) 294-1687
A. A full refund of fees paid will be authorized when a written request for refund of conference or program fees is submitted at least 10 working days prior to the scheduled start of the program.
B. A refund of 70% of the fees paid will be authorized when a written request for refund of conference or program fees is submitted less than 10 working days prior to the scheduled start of the program.
C. No refund will be given for participants that cancel less than 3 working days prior to the start of the program. Any registered participant that does not attend the program and provides no advance written notice of cancellation will be charged the full registration fee.
D. Substitutions may be made prior to the first day of the program for persons that are unable to attend. Advance notice is requested.
E. The Executive Director may make exceptions to the refund policy in the event of an emergency that prevents the participant from attending as scheduled.
* Unless otherwise noted, hotel arrangements are the responsibility of the participant.